[Vision2020] Injecting pot

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Tue Jan 30 03:59:18 PST 2018

LEGALIZE IT!  REGULATE IT!  TAX IT!

Courtesy of today’s (January 30, 2018) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Jim Roach.

———————————————

Letter: Injecting pot

It was interesting to read Eric Jensen's letter (Jan. 24). However, there is a confusing date/statistic mix up in the second paragraph. Mr. Jensen wrote 64 percent of Americans favor legalization, but only "a few" use pot "monthly." If that many people favor legalization, then far more than a few consume cannabis on a daily basis, not monthly.

I agree with Mr. Jensen's point about Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III's out-of-touch reality. In my opinion, Sessions and most of the conservatives in D.C. - and especially those in Idaho and statehouses around the country - must believe cannabis is injected. Through really large needles. How can it be otherwise? Cannabis is on the Schedule I drug list, alongside the most popular injectable drugs - heroin, meth, and speed. Psilocybin, peyote, MDMA and mescaline are also on the Schedule I list but are not usually injected. Ironically the worst drug, fentanyl, doesn't even make the Schedule I list.

D.C. conservative representatives, a few liberals, many Justice Department officials and state representatives have allowed themselves to be influenced by the spin that says marijuana is a gateway drug that only leads to harder drugs. Alcohol is far, far worse. Proof lies with a drunken driver who ran over a family of seven on their way to church. How many times over the years?

As for cannabis drivers, I have yet to read about a marijuana-crazed driver who ran over three kids at a school. There is a reason for this - cannabis doesn't make you insane, as alcohol has proven for so long.

No, pot isn't the problem. It's the perception being spun by - sorry Don and Jeff - fake news. Fake implies deception, and the gateway drug hype surrounding cannabis leads the way. And spin glutton Beauregard gave the executive order to further the misinformation.

Jim Roach
Moscow

http://www.MoscowCares.com