[Vision2020] Trump Demands Poem on Statue of Liberty Be Revised to Exclude Shithole Countries (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 12 08:04:18 PST 2018

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://tinyurl.com/Trump-Demands

———————————————
Trump Demands Poem on Statue of Liberty Be Revised to Exclude Shithole Countries

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump demanded on Thursday that the poem at the base of the Statue of Liberty be revised immediately to exclude nations he considered “shithole countries.”

Speaking to reporters, Trump said that the poem as it currently stands “is basically an open invitation that says, like, if you come from a shithole country, welcome aboard.”

“I don’t know the entire poem, but it’s something like ‘Give us your tired, your poor, your yadda yadda yadda,’ ” he said. “We could keep all that but then put in, right at the end, in big letters, maybe, ‘except if you’re from a shithole country.’ ”

“I think if a boat from a shithole country came and saw that poem with those words at the end, they would turn around and go right back to wherever they came from,” he said.

Shortly after Trump made his remarks about “shithole” countries, representatives of the countries he designated as such released a joint response.

“We do not understand President Trump’s aversion to so-called ‘shithole countries,’ since he is doing his best to turn the United States into one,” the statement read.

http://www.MoscowCares.com