[Vision2020] How One Boy Has Helped Save Over A Thousand Shelter Dogs

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Dec 14 07:17:58 PST 2018

Courtesy of KMVT-11 (Twin Falls, Idaho at:

https://www.kmvt.com/content/news/WABoy-saves-1000-dogs-from-high-kill-shelter-484184521.html

———————————————

WA Boy saves 1,000 dogs from high-kill shelter

STANDWOOD, Wash. (CNN) — A 6-year-old boy's dog rescue operation has gotten so large, he now pulls them from shelters across the country.

Roman McConn of Project Freedom Ride is on a mission. He has saved more than one thousand dogs.

"We're trying to get her adopted. She's deaf and she's been through two homes," Roman said in a video featuring a dog for adoption.

When asked how many dogs he’s saved, Roman said “countless.” It's actually more than a thousand, and it started when Roman was 4 years old and saw a dog adoption event while living in Texas.

"He kept asking why they were there and I would tell him they're looking for homes,” said Jennifer McConn, Roman’s mother. “And in that 4-year-old mind, he's like we just need to find them homes."

"We make videos for dogs and we get them adopted," Roman said.

When Roman and his mom Jennifer moved to Washington, they took it a step further, pulling dogs from high-kill shelters in Texas and transporting them to the northwest into the arms of eager adopters — adopters who fell in love over pictures on Facebook, but are meeting them in real life for the first time.

Adopter Karen Ray said she was “over the moon” as she waited to meet her pit-lab mix named Conan. This particular transport with Conan has 65 dogs. One by one, they come off the truck, and then it's Conan's turn.

"Thank you. My heart is just bursting, I'm overwhelmed,” Ray said. “I have so much love for this little boy, I'm gonna give him a good life."

A good life made possible by the big heart of this little boy.

"It feels really, really good," Roman said, and his work is far from done.

Not all of the dogs on the truck had adopters waiting. Roman will place them with rescue groups while he makes videos to try to find them permanent homes.

—————

Through a series of sweet videos, 7-year-old Roman McConn has convinced people around the country to adopt shelter dogs in need.

https://youtu.be/xS6v-QH9mHA

http://www.MoscowCares.com