[Vision2020] Courtesy of the Spokane Chronicle . . . November 24, 1964

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Mon Aug 27 21:07:52 PDT 2018

On 08/27/2018 08:27 PM, Ted Moffett wrote:
> Kenneth Marcy <kmmos1 at frontier.com <mailto:kmmos1 at frontier.com>> via
> <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en> moscow.com
> <http://moscow.com> wrote:
>
> "Moscow got the better end of the deal when it gave up the state
> capitol, which moved to Boise, in exchange for the state university,
> which became a land grant institution..."
>
> "Moscow got a bigger percentage of better quality of people..."
> Wow!  I know many wonderful people in Boise who would wonder what is
> behind these comments, many of whom once lived in Moscow and found
> Boise to offer a more favorable environment!

Of course, of course!  On the scale of individuals and small groups
there are fine people in both cities.  However, Boise has more than
eight times as many people as Moscow, and Ada county has more than
eleven times as many people as Latah county.  Within these larger
populations, there is more diversity, and there is less relative
concentration of individuals whose life works are, arguably, at least,
more desirable and efficacious to society at large.  For example, the
ratio of the percentages of education and library workers in Moscow and
Boise is about four to one. (Sperling's Best Places comparison, at
economy).  Yes, that is a value judgment about quality of life.

Ken