[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:51:04 PDT 2018

What an exciting month August is.  Students are coming back to town, with
all the energy they bring. At the LRC we are planning our third anniversary
celebration and National Recovery Month in September.  The celebration
kicks off with IROAR on August 31, then we have a birthday party on Sept.
15, and the Latah Recovery Festival on Sept. 22.  More details to come!

Here's the latest writing exercise from Write for You:
https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2018/08/09/write-for-you-thanks-for-the-hospitality/

Linked is a .pdf of our August calendar for you to print and share.
https://latahrecoverycenter.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/august-2018-at-the-latah-recovery-center.pdf

In addition to our regular schedule of support meetings etc., we have the
following special offerings this month:

   - Recovery Peer Volunteer Training Aug. 21 AND 28.  This 6 hour training
   is for people wanting to learn how to coach and help people dealing with
   addiction and mental health issues!  This offering is being held at First
   Step 4 Life recovery center in Lewiston.  We need at least ten to hold the
   course, so please RSVP by August 19 to LatahRecoveryCenter at gmail.com
   - Acupuncture for Recovery Aug. 9 and 30 from 2-3pm
   - Recovering Parents Aug. 2, 9 , 23 and 30 5-6:30pm
   - Idaho Open Awareness Ride (IROAR).  Help us welcome over 50 riders as
   they cruise throughout the state to bring awareness to recovery.  We are
   hosting a free pancake breakfast when they come through town Aug. 31,
   9-11am at the 1912 Center.

NEED SOME INSPIRATION?  Recovery Radio every Thursday on KRFP at 1pm.  Or
download the podcast on iTunes or Googleplay.