[Vision2020] Trump's Re-Elect Figures Similar to Those of Obama, Clinton

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 18:47:37 PDT 2018

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce
outside
the Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/> forum without the
express written permission of the author.*****
-----------------------------------

Reading the Gallop source quoted, I discover that in fact Trump's re-elect
voter numbers are at about this point in time (April before the midterms)
significantly below either Obama or B. Clinton's numbers at about that same
point in their presidency:
http://news.gallup.com/poll/233000/trump-elect-figures-similar-obama-clinton.aspx

"And his re-elect figures do not match those of Clinton (40% in April 1994)
and Obama (46% in March 2010) in the spring of their first midterm election
years."

The voter re-elect numbers for Trump close to this years midterms could
even increase significantly, I predict, if a "war on terror" styled or some
other militaristic adventure occurs which will emotionally manipulate the
public to a rally around the leader fear and patriotism response.  This
could also derail the predicted "democratic wave" midterm election this
year.  All that has to happen is a terrorist attack on US soil that is
related to Islamic extremism, and Trump will fully employ the xenophobic
and religiously bigoted propaganda tactics that led to his presidency.

Consider that in fact W. Bush's voter re-elect numbers close to midterms of
first term were decidedly not "same as it ever was," as you phrased it.
They were much higher than Trump's current republican and independent voter
re-elect support:

>From the same Gallop source:
http://news.gallup.com/poll/233000/trump-elect-figures-similar-obama-clinton.aspx

"In the fall of 2002, 93% of Republican voters thought Bush deserved
re-election, as did 60% of independents..."

I surmise the "fear and patriotism" emotional response referenced is
primarily why W. Bush had these high re-elect numbers, given the well known
militaristic climate in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.  This strong
public support assisted the disastrous invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Same as it ever was...