[Vision2020] Remind us who the adults are in the room

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Apr 25 01:25:25 PDT 2018

This is not the first time Moscow High School students united in protest . . .

. . . March 4, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFAh_7oEMCg&sns=em

Courtesy of today’s (April 25, 2018) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with a very soecial thanks to Devin Rokyta.

———————————————

Our View: Remind us who the adults are in the room
By Devin Rokyta, for the editorial board
Hundreds of students in Pullman and Moscow walked out of class Friday along with thousands of their peers across the nation to protest against gun violence.

The walkout, organized by students - not boogeyman George Soros or some liberal secretly passing $5 bills to mindless youth - was the second such local protest in the past two months in which students left class in an effort to spur "adults" into enacting gun reform.

We posted coverage of the walkout on the Daily News' Facebook page. The post has already received more than 200 comments, of which probably at least half were nasty and degrading of the young students - enough so that Fox News bully Laura Ingraham would probably even blush.

Here's a sampling of some of the comments, which were not edited in any way by us:

"Its like watching a bunch of Pinocchios" (Someone missed the lesson on ‘it's’ and ‘its.’)

"How about walking out protesting all the children murdered in abortion clinics today kids? The shootings pale in comparison!"

"The problem is in the Last 20+ years we have a generation of entitled disrepctful brats being raised by crappy parenting, single Family homes, no God and no discipline."

"Have them eat a Tide pod, snort a rubber and send them back to class !"

"they have no idea what they are protesting."

"Feels lik and excuse to skip class. That word has two meaning." (Good luck translating that.)

"a bunch of mindless robot;s"

"Protesting they know nothing about is stupid. Being a Liberal isn't real bright either"

"If they don't like guns then move the states that hate them like Washington Oregon and California."

"Liberals have ruined Moscow!!!!!"

"100% Liberal issue!"

Here's what a student protestor had to say during the walkout:

"This is a subject that affects us more than anyone else, and we deserve to have a voice," MMS student Ellie Pimentel said. "Too many students have been killed already. Too many times politicians have sent their thoughts and prayers instead of standing up for what is right, and too many times we have forgotten the problem until the next person is killed."

Her careful and thoughtful words were representative of what all of her peers had to say and quite a contrast to those being spewed by many on the right.

This is a case when our children are acting like the grown-ups, and the "adults" - like those who left the above comments - are acting like bullies and spoiled toddlers throwing tantrums for not getting a new toy at the grocery store.

We are proud of the nation's youth for standing up.

Photos and videos of . . .

“Moscow High School Walkout and Rally in Support of Gun Safety”
http://www.moscowcares.com/MHS_Walkout_042018

http://www.MoscowCares.com