[Vision2020] A citation is not enough

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Apr 11 03:12:13 PDT 2018

Courtesy of today’s (April 11, 2018) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with special thanks to Jessica Bowman.

———————————————-

Letter: A citation is not enough

On March 29, a 26-year-old man threatened to shoot up two Moscow schools.

He was given a citation. A citation - because he wasn't deemed a threat.

So, I'd just like to know when it became acceptable for adult men to threaten children and not have any consequences.

How are our leaders going to protect the children of Latah County? The children of Idaho?

I'm not asking for a gun ban. I'm asking for my child, my 5-year-old daughter, to go to school without having to worry that a man with a gun is going to shoot her.

In Parkland, the police were aware the shooter was a threat and did nothing. Seventeen children died. We are literally watching this happen again. It must be stopped.

Jessica Bowman, Moscow

http://www.MoscowCares.com