[Vision2020] Who'll stop the war?

Randy the.silvertipped.one at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 15:12:00 PDT 2017

*I've lurked here for 20 years without posting, but it's time to speak out
The historian’s curse is bedeviling me. I see so many parallels between the
beginning of World War I and the situation with North Korea that it feels
to me like the war has already started. I see the horror and tragedy of it
clearly, and I see no one in power on this whole earth who can and will
step up and be a voice of reason. And I know that Americans have no concept
of the devastation and destruction such a war will bring.*

*My wife that I can't do anything about this, so I need to control my
anxiety and not worry about it. But that’s a stoic New Englander talking. I
can't do that. But I can *

*do something, however small. I can use my words and experience to be a
voice of reason. Maybe enough others will. Maybe I'll be one of a great
number of people who can and will do so. Maybe it's like Alice's
Restaurant.*

*“And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day . .
. Walkin' in, singin' a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out?
Friends, They may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE
ALICE'S RESTAURANT ANTI-MASSACREE MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to
join is to sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.”*

*The guitar of 2017 social media. It's us boomers who have to sing. It’s us
flower children and aging hippies who have to step up and find our voice as
mature, aging individuals who learned something in the sixties, even if
we've lived our lives without doing much of anything with that knowledge up
to this point. Maybe the time has come to use that knowledge and
experience. Maybe it’s up to us to speak truth to power; to be the
Volunteers of America; to manifest the peace and love we talked about 50
years ago and change the world. And if you're not a boomer, you can still
sing. You have to. We all have to. *

*We have to try. We can’t say or pray someone else will. Graham Nash said
it all those years ago:*

*“We can change the world rearrange the worldIt's dying - to get better.”*

*Let’s speak up and stop this madness. If not us, who will? And if we don’t
speak up, who will console the survivors? Who will explain how the world
went over the brink? And the explanation won’t be worth a damn, anyway.*

*Let's start singing, people.  Pass it on. Peace. *
--
"Listen to the deep voice of your soul. Do not be distracted by the voice
of your mind." - Caitlin Matthews