[Vision2020] NOAA Climate Prediction Center: Small Chance of Above Normal Temp. Summer N. Idaho

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun May 28 17:54:58 PDT 2017

NOAA Climate Prediction Center indicates a small probability of a hotter
than average summer for N. Idaho, as the map at bottom illustrates.
Despite this, the ENSO diagnostic from May 22, 2017 indicates an equal
chance of ENSO neutral or El Nino conditions Northern Hemisphere
summer/fall 2017.

For those who think NOAA climate scientists are liberal frauds wasting
taxpayer money, consider that the Climate Prediction Center 3 month
forecast I posted to Vision2020 in Feb. 2017 was correct that Feb. Mar.
Apr. 2017 would be cooler than average for N, Idaho, as the map pasted in
first below from my Feb. 2017 post indicates.

Temperature

[image: Inline image 1]
May 22, 2017 Climate Prediction Center:

http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.pdf

*ENSO-neutral and El Niño are nearly equally favored during the Northern
Hemisphere summer and fall 2017.* *
http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/predictions/long_range/seasonal.php?lead=1