[Vision2020] Trump Says He Does Not Know Jared Kushner Very Well (SATURE)

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun May 28 09:59:02 PDT 2017

On 5/28/2017 9:22 AM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> Courtesy of the New Yorker at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/Who-is-Jared-Kushner
>
> ---------------------------------
>

>   TRUMP SAYS HE DOES NOT KNOW JARED KUSHNER VERY WELL
>

> TAORMINA, Italy (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump on Saturday
> accused the media of exaggerating his relationship with Jared Kushner,
> asserting that “I don’t know him very well.”
>
> “He’s someone I would see around the office and who, I guess, was
> working for me,” Trump told reporters on the last leg of his foreign
> trip. “Beyond that, I couldn’t tell you much about him.”
>
> Trump acknowledged that he had spoken to Kushner at times during the
> 2016 campaign. “I’d pass him in the hall and say hello,” he said. “He
> seemed like an O.K. person. I never got much of a sense of the guy.”
>
> When asked whether Kushner might have had improper contact with
> Russian spies during the transition, Trump said, “I couldn’t tell you
> if that’s the kind of thing he’d do. You really should ask someone who
> knows him.”
>
> Trump refused to answer further questions about Kushner’s possible
> legal difficulties, saying only, “I wish Garrett well.”

This humorously reminds me of Mr. D, the camp director at Camp
Half-Blood in Rick Riordan's young adult novels about Greek demigods.
Mr. D, as he is known to the campers, is Dionysus, the god of wine,
madness, theater, and vegetation.  He is being punished by his father
Zeus for chasing after an off-limits nymph, thus his job as camp
director.  He is limited to drinking Diet Cola, and is perpetually
forgetting the last name of Percy Jackson, one of the main characters in
the novels.

Despite similarities among some of their residents, Camp Half-Blood is
located near northeast Long Island, New York, and not an undrained swamp
a few hours drive south of there near the Potomac River.

Ken

---