[Vision2020] Remaining Countries On Trump's Itinerary Say They'd Rather Wait A Month And Meet With Next President (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 23 14:40:35 PDT 2017

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

http://tinyurl.com/NATO-to-Meet-Next-President

--------------------------------

REMAINING COUNTRIES ON TRUMP’S ITINERARY SAY THEY’D RATHER WAIT A MONTH AND MEET WITH NEXT PRESIDENT

BRUSSELS (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J. Trump’s foreign trip hit a snag on Tuesday, when the remaining countries on his itinerary announced that they would rather “wait a month” and meet with the next President instead.

“It makes no sense for us to roll out the red carpet for Trump when there is going to be a completely different guy in the White House in a month,” Hendrik van der Valde, a travel minister for the Belgian government, said. “We very much look forward to hosting the next U.S. President, be it Mike Pence or Paul Ryan or whoever.”

Citing the exorbitant costs of hosting a President, the Belgian said it “would be insane” to spend such sums on someone who “only has a few weeks left” in office.

“When a President comes to your country, you have to feed not only him but a whole plane full of people that he brings,” the minister added. “Jared Kushner, for example, eats a ton, and no one even knows what he does.”

NATO ministers, who had been slated to meet with Trump in Brussels on Thursday, voted unanimously last night to reschedule the meeting for June to accommodate his replacement.

According to one nato minister, “We don’t see why we should be speaking to Donald Trump when even Melania isn’t doing that.”

http://www.MoscowCares.com