[Vision2020] Foreman is clueless

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Mon Mar 27 00:52:09 PDT 2017

Courtesy of today's (March 27, 2017) Lewiston Tribune with a note of thanks to former state representative Shirley Ringo.

--------------------------------

Foreman is clueless

State Sen. Dan Foreman continues to show he is clueless about issues important to people of the district he represents. Over the years, legislators have been stingy with money for higher education. Student tuition costs have gone up, driving up student debt for many.

This year, the budget committee increased the higher education budget by $7.5 million - a 2.7 percent increase over the current year. The Senate passed the budget by a vote of 34-1. You guessed it -the sole negative vote came from our own Dan Foreman.

Foreman explained, "the problem with the process is that there's precious little useful information available to senators who aren't on the joint budget committee."

Pssst. Dan, you could actually talk with one of those senators if you have specific questions. Or there are hired budget analysts who help put the budgets together. You could ask one of them.

Instead, Foreman sought information from Wayne Hoffman and his ultra-conservative Idaho Freedom Foundation. This group actually issues a "Pork Report" on what they consider wasted money in state government.

I would not suggest seeking information from Hoffman unless you already know the answer you want.

Foreman explained that "I really wish I could have voted for it but there was just too much pork. People don't send me down here to rubber-stamp bills."

You're right about that, Dan, but we would appreciate your giving the matter a little more thought.

Shirley Ringo, Moscow

Ahh, the memories . . .

http://www.TomandRodna.com/Soundbites/Shirley_Ringo.mp3

http://www.MoscowCares.com