[Vision2020] Sign the petition: Stop the Trump-McConnell dirty energy bill

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 14:56:00 PDT 2017

Vision2020whenhellfreezesoverwewillsolveclimatecrisisPost: Ted Moffett
[image: CREDO action]
*Stop the Trump-McConnell dirty energy bill
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/dirty_energy?t=2&akid=24016.4637676.S5PEmT>*

*The petition to the Senate reads:*
*"Reject S. 1460, the Energy and Natural Resources Act of 2017, which would
increase our dependence on fossil fuels and further exacerbate the climate
crisis."*

Add your name:
[image: Sign the petition ►]
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/dirty_energy?t=3&akid=24016.4637676.S5PEmT>

Dear Ted,
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/dirty_energy?t=4&akid=24016.4637676.S5PEmT>

While the public and the media are distracted by Donald Trump's latest
tweet, Mitch McConnell is quietly — and quickly — moving a dangerous and
dirty energy bill through the Senate that would line the pockets of the
fossil fuel industry and could lock in our dependence on fossil fuels for
decades to come.

The so-called "Energy and Natural Resources Act of 2017" would increase
fracking, allow the government to more easily approve dirty oil and gas
pipelines and exacerbate the climate crisis even more. *Mitch McConnell
knows how unpopular this legislation is – so he's fast-tracking the bill
without a single public hearing.*

The oil and gas lobby wants nothing more than to see this bill slip by
without the public's knowledge or input. We must sound the alarm
immediately and pressure the Senate to reject this disastrous dirty energy
bill.

*Tell the Senate: Reject the Trump-McConnell dirty energy bill. Click here
to sign the petition.
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/dirty_energy?t=5&akid=24016.4637676.S5PEmT>*

The Trump-McConnell dirty energy bill is one of the worst energy bills ever
introduced in the Senate. Specifically, it would:

   - Speed up the approval of liquefied natural gas export terminals, which
   would increase domestic fracking;
   - Give significantly more power to the Federal Energy Regulatory
   Commission, a largely unaccountable federal energy agency, to sanction new
   natural gas projects; and
   - Authorize hundreds of millions of dollars for research and development
   into extracting methane hydrates, known as "flammable ice," which are
   frozen fossil fuel deposits under the ocean floor and are potent greenhouse
   gasses.1,2

*Incredibly, the bill even contains a "renewables" section that fails to
make any mention of solar or wind power.* At a time when our country must
embrace clean, renewable sources of energy to create a more sustainable
future, this bill doubles down on extracting the very dirty fossil fuels
causing the climate change catastrophe.

With Trump occupying the White House and an administration filled with
climate deniers, Mitch McConnell sees a perfect opportunity to pay back his
friends and donors in the oil and gas industry. As our allies at Friends of
the Earth put it,

Donald Trump has done everything in his power to put our government in the
hands of the fossil fuel industry. At a time when the world has already
leased more fossil fuels than can be burned, the Senate energy bill will
increase fracking and pave the way for new fossil fuel extraction.3

A vote in the Senate could be coming any day now. We must act immediately
to ramp up pressure on lawmakers to reject this dirty energy bill before
it's too late.

*Tell the Senate: Reject the Trump-McConnell dirty energy bill. Click the
link below to sign the petition:*

*https://act.credoaction.com/sign/dirty_energy?t=7&akid=24016.4637676.S5PEmT
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/dirty_energy?t=6&akid=24016.4637676.S5PEmT>*

Thanks for all you do.