[Vision2020] This Land is Our Land: How the Public Lands System Evolved

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Feb 15 18:32:29 PST 2017

Adam Sowards discussed "This Land is Our Land: How the Public Lands System Evolved" at the League of Women Voters of Moscow forum this afternoon (Feb. 15) in the Fiske Room of the 1912 Center, Moscow.​
The presentation covered the creation of the public domain and how policies evolved to sell it off and maintain some of it permanently. Adam Sowards touched on the historical reasons for different types of public lands (e.g., national parks, national forests, etc.) and how the agencies’ missions have changed over time.
Videos and photos of this afternoon's forum are accessible at:

"This Land is Our Land: How the Public Lands System Evolved"
http://www.MoscowCares.com/LWV/Public_Lands_021517

A collection of previous forums presented by Moscow's League of Women Voters is accessible at:

http://www.MoscowCares.com