[Vision2020] Better Minds Prevail in Idaho State Legislature . . .

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Sat Feb 11 06:45:51 PST 2017

Courtesy of today's (February 11, 2017) Lewiston Tribune.

Foreman's anti-abortion bill goes nowhere

A controversial anti-abortion bill that would charge mothers and doctors with first-degree murder won't be moving forward this session.

Sen. Dan Foreman, R-Moscow, said he hasn't been able to get a print hearing for the legislation.

When he announced the bill on the second day of the session, Foreman said he was "tired of babies dying. It's time to start the fight, and I'll be the point man."

However, the measure went beyond what even pro-life groups could support. Right to Life of Idaho, for example, said subjecting women to criminal penalties "is inconsistent with the historic pro-life position."

"Based on our experience ... we are convinced that abortion is most often a tragically desperate act," the organization noted in a written statement. "We have never supported legislation containing criminal penalties for women. We stand with women and men to offer them realistic alternatives to abortion."

http://www.MoscowCares.com