[Vision2020] 4-13-17 7-7:30 PM Law Enforcement by USDA Building Mountain View

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 00:18:22 PDT 2017

As I approached bicycling heading west on the Latah Trail just after 7 PM
tonight, law enforcement vehicles were clustered near the USDA center on
Mountain View just south of Hwy. 8.  When I got to Mountain View, another
Moscow police vehicle arrived, and an officer exited and ran toward the
other vehicles.

Out of curiosity, I rode near the USDA building, and witnessed a group of
law officers huddling over what might have been someone being
restrained/arrested.  I could not see the person under the huddle,
however.  At first I thought someone might have needed medical attention,
from an accident, etc.  But there were no medical related vehicles or
personnel, that I saw.  No ambulance sirens, either, and there had been
plenty of time for one to be called.

It looked like an arrest that required the use of force.  A car was parked
near this spot, that might have been the car the person being restrained
was driving.

I might have misunderstood these activities, but it did not look friendly.

A training exercise?  If so, it fooled me.