[Vision2020] Putin Angrily Resigns From Trump's Reelection Campaign (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 12 11:31:49 PDT 2017

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

http://tinyurl.com/Putin-Resigns-From-Campaign

---------------------------------

PUTIN ANGRILY RESIGNS FROM TRUMP’S REËLECTION CAMPAIGN

MOSCOW (The Borowitz Report)—In a stunning rebuke of a former close political ally, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday angrily resigned from Donald Trump’s 2020 reëlection campaign.

The abrupt resignation sent shockwaves through the Trump reëlection organization, for which Putin had served as chairman.

Putin’s sudden departure, which he announced during a joint appearance with the United States Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, appeared to catch the former ExxonMobil C.E.O. off guard.

“Given the recent actions of Donald Trump, I feel that I can no longer effectively serve as his campaign chairman,” Putin told reporters, while Tillerson looked on awkwardly.
In an unusually emotional comment by the Russian President, a visibly bitter Putin added, “I worked very hard on Trump’s 2016 campaign, and, at the end of the day, I have no more to show for it than Chris Christie does.”

At the White House, a source close to Trump said that he had not yet decided who would take Putin’s place in his 2020 campaign, but that it would “probably be Jared.”

http://www.MoscowCares.com