[Vision2020] Apollo 14 "Moon Trees" -alas

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 22:27:53 PDT 2017

Some of the trees from seeds that orbited the moon may still be alive.
Below it appears is a list of the "moon trees" and where they are located:

http://pillownaut.com/spacemap/solarsystemwalks.html

>From the Idaho Statesman:

To the moon and back: Boise rallies to save tree grown from seeds that were
on Apollo 14
September 29, 2015 11:05 PM

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/boise/article41570934.html

By Anna Webb

A lot of seeds just fall from trees, land and take root. For other seeds,
the trip is longer. When Apollo 14 ventured to the moon in 1971, hundreds
of tree seeds were among the cargo. After the spacecraft returned to Earth,
the U.S. Forest Service germinated the seeds. The resulting “moon trees”
found homes across the U.S. and beyond, including in Boise.

A loblolly pine, whose seed orbited the moon 34 times, now grows on the
grounds at Lowell Elementary School in the North End. It stands along 28th
Street, near a chain-link fence, just south of the 100-year-old school
building. The pine is Idaho’s sole living moon tree.
--------------------------------------
What is perhaps more incredible is that  U of I Dept. of Physics professor
Dr. Jason Barnes is involved in a proposal to send a robotic spacecraft to
Titan, the largest of Saturn's moons.
-------------------------------------
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
_______________________
>From article below:

"In 2012, Dr. Jason Barnes and his team from the University of Idaho
proposed sending a robotic aircraft to Titan, which would fly around in the
atmosphere photographing its surface. Titan is actually one of the best
places in the entire solar system to fly an airplane. It has a thicker
atmosphere and lower gravity, and unlike the balloon concept, an airplane
is free to go wherever it needs powered by a radioactive thermal generator.

Although the mission would only cost about $750 million or so, NASA hasn't
pushed it beyond the conceptual stage yet."
https://phys.org/news/2017-03-mission-titan.html
What about a mission to Titan? March 27, 2017 by Fraser Cain, Universe
Today

I just learned that Moscow Idaho, at the U of I had one of the trees grown