[Vision2020] Meltdown... Total Meltdown

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Mon Oct 17 09:12:30 PDT 2016

On 10/16/2016 10:03 PM, Ted Moffett wrote:
> I give up... The conspiracies are so numerous and convoluted it would
> take the Singularity AI to sort it out.

You may be disappointed to learn that the Singularity AI is otherwise
occupied calculating the optimal order for war losers to be sent
voluntarily to the elimination apparatus since the destruction of the
the computer controlling similar functions on the planet Eminiar VII in
the original Star Trek episode "A Taste of Armageddon" suggests a
replacement capability is needed in these contemporary times.

The modern prevalence of hashtag this and hashtag that floating about in
the TwitFace ether is providing abundant data from which an
up-to-the-moment ordering can be continuously calculated so there will
not be any doubt about the standing-in-line position of those who will
be processed.

Unfortunately, I am not aware whether that AI has yet learned the lesson
from Joshua, the computer in the movie War Games, that concluded that
the nuclear war game is a strange game, and that the only winning move
is not to play.

Even worse is the realization that humans have been concluding among
various subsets of themselves an average of one nuclear materials
agreement per week since the beginning of the atomic age. Obviously, we
have not yet learned Joshua's lesson.

Ken