[Vision2020] This Week at the Latah Recovery Center

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:13:23 PDT 2016

Our entire October calendar is at the bottom of this e-mail.  In addition
to our regularly scheduled groups and classes here are special highlights
for this week:

YOU Can Create Your Own Job, 10/3 6pm.

HIV/Hep Screening, 10/6, 5-7pm.

Also note Narcotics Anonymous Friday morning meetings have been permanently
cancelled.  Thank you to those that kept them going until now.

A special "Thank YOU!" to all that attended the Latah Recovery Festival on
10/1.  Over 75 people made time on an already busy homecoming weekend to
hear some very inspiring stories of recovery.  A special thanks to our
emcee Art Bettge, the city and county for proclaiming it Recovery Day, the
planning committee that pulled it off so well, and musician Eric E. for
providing some great music.

If anyone has a small dorm room sized refrigerator, we could use one at The
Center.

*October at the Latah Recovery Center*

Alcoholics Anonymous                                        *Every day*,
noon

Positive Affirmations                                           *Mondays
and Weds *1:10-2

YOU Can Create Your Own Job                          Monday 10/3, 6

Helping Others W/Depression: Doug Salada, LCSW     Monday 10/10, 6

Life Skills
*Tuesdays* 5-6

Beginners Chess w/Steve
*Tuesdays* 5-6

Art Foundations                                                   *Tuesdays*
6:30-7:30

Mindful Meditation and Yoga                              *Thursdays* 2-3

For Parents:  Dealing w/Adolescent Addiction     Wednesday 10/19 7-9pm

Intermediate Chess w/Steve                                 *Thursdays* 5-6

HIV/Hepatitis Screening
Thursday 10/6, 5-7

 Recovery Peer Volunteer Training.  RSVP by 10/19    Thursday 10/20 and 27,
6-9

LAMI:  Family Support Program                         2nd Thurs of month
7-8:30

All Recovery Meeting                                           *Fridays* 5-6

Movie and Game Night: 10/7 Secondhand Lions, 10/14

Naked Gun, 10/21 Casper, 10/28 Beetlejuice
          *Fridays *6:30-9

Latah Recovery Festival-Fairgrounds                           Saturday 10/1
5-10

Learn to Crochet & Rewire your Brain                Saturday 10/22 10-11:30

Adult Children of Alcoholics, Women’s Meeting    *Sundays *6-7:30

*Classes and Groups are ALWAYS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL.  Please RSVP.*

*Need an understanding person to talk to?  We have Recovery Peer Volunteers
here to help you in recovery from mental health and addiction issues all
hours of operation. We are here to help! *

Latah Recovery Center - A Community of Peer Support
www.LatahRecoveryCenter.org
Find us on Facebook.
Call us at 208-883-1045
Open:  10-8 Mon-Fri., Sat. 10-12