[Vision2020] Spoiler: That plan to have the electoral college elect Hillary Clinton isn’t going to work

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 13 18:22:03 PST 2016

'...since Clinton got more votes, those electors should support her, where possible, and hand her the presidency.'

'There are 25 states that mandate<https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html> electors uphold the will of the electorate, meaning that there are 25 that don't.'
'take the electors in those 25 states and let them divvy up their votes however they want [in a legal split]'
'If we do that, the results change — and Clinton still loses, 260 to 278.'

'Well, since Clinton did well nationally, why don't we just divvy up every elector this way? (The total split.) If we do that . . . Trump does better, getting 279 electors to Clinton's 259.'

Spoiler: That plan to have the electoral college elect Hillary Clinton isn’t going to work<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/spoiler-that-plan-to-have-the-electoral-college-elect-hillary-clinton-isnt-going-to-work/>

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/spoiler-that-plan-to-have-the-electoral-college-elect-hillary-clinton-isnt-going-to-work/>

[https://s.yimg.com/nq/storm/assets/enhancrV2/23/logos/washingtonpost.png]
Spoiler: That plan to have the electoral college elect Hillary Clinton isn’...
By Philip Bump
It's fun to speculate. It can't and won't happen.