[Vision2020] Community College in Pullman

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat May 14 12:11:07 PDT 2016

The original story mentioned another problem (or set of problems)
concerning a $100 million software system that does not work correctly.

Notwithstanding that large software development projects occasionally
can develop more problems than software, it is also the case that $100
million dollars is a very large sum of money for any software system
that a community college might need for its operations.  I am not
familiar with the details of this particular SFCC software project, but
my initial impression is that whatever software it is that the college
needs, the financial charges for it are much too large.  This project
needs to be reviewed from original concept to its present status, and at
least one of the review standards should include the concept of
financial clawback, that is, returning money from the vendor to the college.

Ken