[Vision2020] Idaho pastor shooting suspect arrested outside White House

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Wed Mar 9 01:42:07 PST 2016

Idaho pastor shooting suspect arrested outside White House

from the Washington Post

http://tinyurl.com/jawevap

Kyle Odom, the former Marine suspected of shooting Idaho pastor Tim
Remington on Sunday, was arrested Tuesday evening outside the White
House, according to Coeur d’Alene Police and the Secret Service.

The Secret Service said in a statement that Odom “threw unknown material
over the south fence line at the White House Complex.”

He was immediately taken into custody.

Hours earlier, someone posted a message to Odom’s Facebook page claiming
Remington was shot because the pastor was “from Mars” and had “ruined”
Odom’s life, according to Wash. television station KXLY.

Odom’s profile picture also was changed to a drawing of an alien.

Police in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, where the shooting took place, announced
Monday that Odom had a history of mental illness.

Remington was shot several times in the skull and back after delivering
his Sunday sermon at the Altar Church.

The shooting gained national attention, in part because Remington had
prayed with Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz at a campaign
rally in Coeur d’Alene on Saturday.

Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White said that a person believed to be
Odom had sent a “rambling” manifesto to media outlets.

A copy of the manifesto, posted online by television station KHQ, shows
that a section of it was addressed to President Obama. In it, Odom asks
Obama to resist the aliens, writing: “It’s time someone took a stand to
end this nonsense.”

Another section, titled “NOTEWORTHY MARTIANS,” lists 50 members of
Congress — including members of both parties — and dozens of Israeli
officials.

The manifesto also makes threats against a second Altar Church pastor,
who was placed under police protection, according to White.

“What he wrote definitely played a part in raising our awareness and
concern,” White said of the manifesto.

The police chief added that he believed the Facebook post was genuine,
as it was “consistent with other information we have received.”

White also read a statement from Odom’s family members, who said they
were completely unaware of Odom’s plans and asked for privacy.

“We are truly thankful to God he is safe and no one else has been
injured,” the family said in the statement.

According to KXLY, the following message was posted to Odom’s Facebook
page on Tuesday:

“Things are not what they appear to be. The world is ruled by ancient
civilization from Mars. Pastor Tim was one of them, and he was the
reason my life was ruined. I will be sharing my story with as many
people as possible. I don’t have time right now, they are chasing me. I
shot Pastor Tim 12 times, there is no way any human could have survived
that event. Anyway, I have sent my story to all the major news
organizations. I have no time, I have to go.”

<[More article at the web site]> http://tinyurl.com/jawevap

Ken