[Vision2020] The Top 20 Top Recipients of NRA Cash in Congress

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri Jun 24 13:07:31 PDT 2016

On 6/16/2016 4:29 PM, Moscow Cares wrote:
> The basic concepts remain, Area Man . . .
>
> When ownership/possession of a vehicle is transferred, title and
> registration of that vehicle are reissued reflecting the new owner of
> that vehicle.  This same procedure MUST apply to firearms.
>
> If a person is not considered safe enough to board a plane, (s)he
> should (also) not be permitted to own a firearm.

      I'm not so sure there is a strong, direct relationship between
whether a person with flight restrictions imposed by law is necessarily
a more  dangerous person with respect to firearms ownership or usage.  I
do think that the national information connection that can be more
easily created through a no-fly list facilitated by the airline industry
has been selected as an available crutch in the absence of a more
appropriate information source.

      An alternative registration system with a national scope could be
accomplished through a federal reporting system, perhaps as an adjunct
to the Treasury Department's Revenue Service.  Some weapons owners aver
that their security is increased via firearms.  By expanding the
security concept to inclusion of financial security bases, and
considering that, as with automotive vehicle usage, firearm usage has
demonstrated a non-trivial loss of human lives, so increased security
opportunities do infer the desirability of a national firearm
registration and transference procedure could have some value.

      Another benefit of a federal government based registration system
is that citizens likely could have more input and impact on how such a
system would be administered, as opposed to privately based registration
systems, which could be more restrictive, and, considering profit
motives, more expensive throughout the firearms information economy.

Ken