[Vision2020] Something has got to be done . . .

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:28:36 PDT 2016

A little historical perspective and synchronsity is instructive on this
point.  In 1648 Sweden abolished corporal punishment in its schools, but in
the same year the Puritan fathers of Massachusetts made child disobedience
a capital crime.  The Old Testament requires that a disobedient child be
stoned to death in the town square.

That Puritan "blue" law was on the books until the sometime in the 1960s.
Recently, Sweden has now banned corporal punishment of children to every
single home and barn in the country.

America has a cruel underside that will take decades to clean up, and our
children will continue to suffer until that is done.

nfg

--

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they
shall never sit in.

-Greek proverb

“Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity.
Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance
from another. This immaturity is self- imposed when its cause lies not in
lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without
guidance from another. Sapere Aude! ‘Have courage to use your own
understand-ing!—that is the motto of enlightenment.

--Immanuel Kant