[Vision2020] Something has got to be done . . .

Rose Huskey rosejhuskey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:43:18 PDT 2016

Actually, we have that issue locally.  And, that fact that is not a state
school is immaterial to me.  Hitting kids is just wrong - imagine the
beating a student at Logos would endure for hitting a teacher, and yet, the
reverse is approved, indeed celebrated.

"C. Provide an orderly atmosphere conducive to the attainment of the above
goals.

There is only one way to maintain an orderly atmosphere in a school and that
is by means of strict, loving discipline. It is possible for discipline to
be strict without ceasing to be fair or loving. Indeed, when discipline
lapses, fairness and love are usually the first casualties. There is no way
to love or instruct a child in the midst of chaos.
Our discipline policy included the use of corporal punishment. This is not
done is a way that usurps the authority of parents. When a child is being
disciplined, the parents are involved at every step. It is our desire to be
a service to parents, not a replacement of them. This is not only true of
the entire program at Logos, but is particularly true of our discipline
policy."

 <http://logosschool.com/about/mission/>
http://logosschool.com/about/mission/

Rose Huskey