[Vision2020] Political support

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Aug 21 09:20:21 PDT 2016

On 08/20/2016 05:05 PM, Lynn McCollough wrote:

> I was downtown this morning, purchasing fresh food from our Farmer’s
> Market. I walked passed the local Latah County GOP headquarters, right
> on Main Street. They neglect to have a single Trump mention in their
> front windows. Do they not support their candidate, here in Idaho?
>
> They are across the street, on the same city block as the Latah County
> Democrats, who have signs in support of their Presidential nomination
> on either side of their door.
>
> Curious.

Or not.

They probably assume, with some evidence to support their assumption,
that Idahoans generally will support the national Republican candidates
regardless.  On the other hand, in the local election district,
assumptions about the party of winning candidates are not warranted, and
so building name recognition for local candidates makes sense for any party.

Here are some Idaho polling results from July, 2016, with a 4 percent
margin of error:

http://idahopoliticsweekly.com/politics/1145-poll-idaho-voters-favor-trump-over-clinton

Ken