[Vision2020] Question for you long-time (as in VERY long-time) residents of Moscow . . .

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:51:58 PDT 2016

Mention of Neale Stadium prompted a memory of a two mile track race held on
the track at this location on the U of I campus, when I ran as a Bear for
Moscow High School in the later 1960s.  I recall this especially, because
of how damn exhausted I became during this race. Those old style cinder
tracks were slippery and slow!  Many of the track or cross country races I
ran in those years for Moscow High I have forgotten completely.  "Father
time" indeed!

I cannot believe Wikipedia has a listing for Neale Stadium that actually
mentions the "cinder track:"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neale_Stadium

"The unlit stadium included the quarter-mile (402 m) cinder
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinder> running track,..."
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett