[Vision2020] Nightmare on Elm Street

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 7 18:53:42 PDT 2016

On 4/7/2016 4:26 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> Which begs the question . . .
>
> When (not "If") Hillary Clinton Is inaugurated in January, what will
> be Bill Clinton's official title?  First Dude?

Bill Clinton's official title likely will be nowhere near as important
as the variety of roles in which he will participate. Unfortunately, I
suspect that the general public will be aware of fewer than all of them.

The Obama years may be remembered as uncomfortably under-productive
considering the opposing party's roles in the legislative branch, but a
return of the Clinton family to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue may turn out to
be a painful period of presidential potential unfulfilled if the
opposing party controlling the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue decides
to insulate the Executive Offices from significant achievement.  Even
worse is the prospect of extended periods of formal legal combat between
branches of the federal government should the Clintons' ascendancy
return.  We've been there before; the prospect of exchanging roles,
editing the script lines, and performing the revised play again to a
captive audience causes at least as much trepidation as excitement.

Rather than a title, he may have an acronymic nickname: Frosty - first
reader of subpoenas to yield.
(One suspects that may be afflicted with sad - scalia acronym disease.)

What is really needed, of course, is a presidential candidate whose
coat-tails are sufficiently strong as to bring a cooperative federal
legislature with him into incumbency.  Then the people's business may be
more expeditiously accomplished.

Ken