[Vision2020] Planned Parenthood to open temporary site in Pullman

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 29 01:03:32 PDT 2015

Courtesy of today's (September 29, 2015) Lewiston Tribune.

---------------------------------
Planned Parenthood to open temporary site in Pullman
PULLMAN - Planned Parenthood will open a temporary location Oct. 12 in Pullman, five weeks after its existing clinic was damaged in an arson attack.
The new clinic will be located at 745 N. Grand Ave., Suite 108. It will offer birth control, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases, cervical cancer screenings and educational services.
"This is an important step in resuming services to the thousands of people in the region who rely on us," noted Karl Eastlund, CEO of Planned Parenthood of Greater Washington and North Idaho, in a news release. "We're looking forward to opening this temporary health center and continuing to provide vital health care services for the community."
The Planned Parenthood building on Bishop Boulevard, next to Safeway, was fire-bombed Sept. 4. Eastlund said it could take four months to rebuild the facility. The projected cost is about $250,000.
He said the arson attack was "an attempt to intimidate and threaten Planned Parenthood, our patients and the community. We will not let this act of violence stop us from providing people with the expert, compassionate care they deserve."
Pullman police continue to investigate the crime. A reward of $10,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest or conviction of the perpetrators. The police department can be contacted at (509) 334-0802 or (509) 334-2249; or online at www.pullman-wa.gov/departments/police.

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com