[Vision2020] Whitman County Commissioners Are Rotten Neighbors

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 22 10:57:32 PDT 2015

Visionaries:

Can someone who subscribes to the Daily News please post the article from
today's paper about how the Whitman County commissioners have decided that
one of the benefits of living in small rural areas *isn't* pitching in to
help when disaster strikes?  I was quickly skimming the article in the
grocery checkout line, but I think I must have missed something important to
explain why on earth -- in spite of the fact Whitman County has a history of
leasing to private entities -- they won't allow the Health Department to
temporarily lease space to Planned Parenthood following the act of domestic
terrorism and while Planned Parenthood gets their building safe to be
occupied again.

If I didn't miss anything important, then one might think Moscow and Latah
County had better start being a LOT more careful about sending our scarce
resources across the state line to help out in a county that's government
has proven itself to be a bad neighbor unwilling to help when a vital
community resource has been targeted by an apparent hate crime.  Of course,
*I* wouldn't be one of those people because I'm not a douchebag like those
county commissioners -- I still believe that small communities SHOULD pitch
in when valuable community resources like Planned Parenthood are attacked by
domestic terrorists.

Saundra Lund

The moral test of government is how it treats those who are in the dawn of
life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the aged; and
those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the
handicapped.
~ Hubert Horatio Humphrey