[Vision2020] 2015 United States Solar Power Rankings

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri Oct 30 00:33:16 PDT 2015

2015 United States Solar Power Rankings

We’ve spent another year shining our solar-powered flashlights into the
darkest corners of state energy policy, and we’re back to tell you all
about it. We’ve crawled through chasms of congressional records! Sifted
through bureaus filled with bureaucracy! And now, behold: The 2015 State
Solar Power Rankings!

But seriously, folks. We’ve been keeping an eye on state solar policy
since 2007, and bringing the complex world of renewable energy
legislation, tax incentives and utility company policy to you in a
complete, straightforward way.This year, we’ve rejiggered our ranking
system to reflect a number of different factors, ensuring that the state
rankings take into account not only how good of a deal getting into
solar can be (and it /is/ often a good deal), but also the strength of
the underlying policy and the likelihood that the solar train will keep
on a-rollin’ into the future.

Each state (and Washington DC) has a score between 0 and 5, and we’ve
tracked the trends in our list to show how things have been changing
around the country since last year.

The image below shows the states in order of their scores. Click on a
state abbreviation to go directly to its section on the page. If you’d
like to get really down into it, click on the state’s name in its
summary section to go to a page with a complete discussion of the ins
and outs of that state’s policy. And if you’d like to read about our
methodology, click here
<http://www.solarpowerrocks.com/2015-solar-power-state-rankings/#methods> to
go below the rankings and behind the wizard’s curtain.

On to the rankings!

http://www.solarpowerrocks.com/2015-solar-power-state-rankings/ v

*Ken*