[Vision2020] The Laziest City in Each State

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Mon Nov 23 12:15:41 PST 2015

On 11/23/2015 11:26 AM, Andy Boyd wrote:

> How is exercise/physical activity defined.  As I see it exercise is
> different than physical activity.

That's a good point.  Sustaining an elevated heart rate and burning
calories more rapidly than usual on a regular basis may not accurately
describe what happens during employment hours.

Here's the paragraph describing the procedure the 24/7 Wall St. article
writers used:

To identify the laziest city in every state, 24/7 Wall St. analyzed the
level of physical activity in each metro area in all 50 states. We
reviewed the percentage of adults in every metro area who report
engaging in no physical activity during their leisure time, with data
from County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a collaboration between the
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin
Population Health Institute. Obesity rate and days feeling physically
unhealthy over a 30-day period also came from County Health Rankings &
Roadmaps. Educational attainment, median household income, and
population data came from the American Community Survey.

Here's a link to the CHR&R site: http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/

Ken