[Vision2020] Response to Heather Wilson letter to the DN

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Tue May 26 10:04:05 PDT 2015

Based on the rather sterling editorial by Lee Rosen addressing the issues of
the Moscow Food Co-op and Christ Church I re-subscribed to the DN.
Unfortunately, due to some snafu that may well be my fault I was unable to
post my response to a note from Heather Wilson to the editor this a.m.  I
emailed the powers to be at the DN and they may be able to help me sort out
my dumbellness) in the meantime I'll post it here.

To DN

"I know Heather Wilson to be a friendly, decent person. I am not surprised
by the loyalty she feels toward her church and immediate family.  I am
certain that she is expressing her concern and perhaps pain when she writes
"I can't overstate my disappointment in your piece and I hope the Daily News
editorial board can use its platform to encourage true community and
diversity in the future."

I can't overstate my disappointment either, (although I've tried to many,
many times) that a minister of the gospel - even one who was self-appointed
to lead the flock and whose most pronounced character trait is mendacity
closely followed by the ignominious  behavior of mocking, belittling, name
calling, imprecatory praying of curses on his enemies, unabashed celebration
of nepotism, and a lofty (profoundly, abysmally ignorant) dismissal of
public education and fact based science continues to enjoy an unchallenged
position of leadership in any religious organization.  Doug Wilson
celebrates self by embracing a towering hubris that George Patton could only
have aspired to achieve.  Why does he unabashedly and persistently choose to
shame the church he founded and the congregation that he claims to shepherd?

It is a noticeable disgrace that in our community with its wide range of
religious affiliations (or not) that a single figure stands out as a
lightening rod of intolerance and bigotry.  What kind of person would
delight in the "wordsmithy" that identifies him as the preening master of
ridicule of vulnerable people?  It is astonishing to me that somehow he has
manipulated his congregation (including many members who can truthfully be
described as bright, successful, and engaging people) into allowing his
outrageous stunting to infect them with the taint of his antics.

Rose Huskey