[Vision2020] 16-year Cd'A Police Department veteran shot in line of duty; Fighting for life

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Tue May 5 06:22:08 PDT 2015

Courtesy of KHQ at:

http://www.khq.com/story/28978367/coeur-dalene-police-officer-shot-in-line-of-duty

-------------------------------------

16-year Cd'A Police Department veteran shot in line of duty; Fighting for life

POST FALLS, Idaho - Coeur d'Alene Police Sergeant Greg Moore is in critical condition after being shot in the line of duty. The shooting occurred at approximately 1:35 Tuesday morning in the 2800 block of Wilbur Ave near Cabela's at State Line. Sergeant Moore who is a 16-year veteran with the department has been transported to Kootenai Heath and is currently fighting for his life.

The suspect fled the scene after the shooting but was tracked by a Coeur d'Alene Police Department K9 unit and found near Walmart hiding underneath a semi truck. The suspect was arrested shortly after 4am and has been identifies as Jonathan Renfro (we still need to verify the spelling of his name with authorities).

Coeur d'Alene Police Chief Lee White has asked Idaho State Police to conduct a comprehensive investigation into this shooting.

Members of the Coeur d'Alene Police Department are working in partnership with surrounding agencies to conduct a thorough investigation.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Sergeant Moore and his family as he fights for his life.

Photos

http://www.khq.com/global/slideshow.asp?widgetid=155144&slideshowimageid=8

Stay tuned, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"