[Vision2020] PR - City of Moscow to Host Fair Housing Workshop

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Mon Mar 30 09:54:23 PDT 2015

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
City of Moscow to Host Fair Housing Workshop

March 30, 2015 (Moscow, Idaho) - The City of Moscow, in conjunction with the Intermountain Fair Housing Council and with support from Idaho Housing and Urban Development, is hosting a FREE Fair Housing workshop on April 9, 2015, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. The training will be held in the Arts Workshop at the 1912 Center located at 412 E. Third Street in Moscow.

Topics to be addressed include the Fair Housing Act, Support Animals and Reasonable Accommodations and Limited English Proficiency Compliance Requirements. The workshop is open to anyone interested in learning more about the Fair Housing Act, and will prove to be especially beneficial to consumers, housing providers, managers, realtors, lenders, housing advocates, and government personnel and officials. Presenters include Attorney Eric Steven, Attorney Ken Nagy, and the Intermountain Fair Housing Council.

Attendees may register at the door the day of the event at 12:30 p.m. or my register online in advance by visiting the following web address: http://www.hud.gov/emarc/index.cfm?fuseaction=emar.registerEvent&eventId=2354&update=N.

The City of Moscow's Fair and Affordable Housing Commission encourages attendance at this important training opportunity that has not been provided in Moscow since 2013. Looking ahead, the Commission anticipates co-hosting the training on an annual basis.

For additional information regarding the upcoming training, please contact City of Moscow Fair and Affordable Housing Liaison Rebecca Couch at (208) 883-7095 or by email at rcouch at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:rcouch at ci.moscow.id.us>.

###

Story Contact: Rebecca Couch, Planner I, Fair & Affordable Housing Commission Liaison
Phone: 208.883.7095
Email: rcouch at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:rcouch at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.