[Vision2020] Fw:A Brief History of "Americanitis, " The World's Most Dangerous Trail, Why Do We Love Junk Food So Much? and More

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Sun Mar 29 17:20:27 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
Subject: A Brief History of "Americanitis," The World's Most Dangerous Trail, Why Do We Love Junk Food So Much? and More
From: Smithsonian.com <Smithsonian at mail.smithsonian.com>
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 03/29/15 16:29:42

Smithsonian Newsletter

A Brief History of "Americanitis," The World's Most Dangerous Trail, Why Do We Love Junk Food So Much? and More
To see this email in your browser click here.

  Weekender    MARCH 2015
 Tortoise Defends His Lady in a Super Slow ChaseHere’s what happens when you interrupt two giant reptiles just trying to get in a bit of quality time together

Unsurprisingly, some giant tortoises take issue with humans trying to watch them breed. (Ruth Tomlinson/Robert Harding World Imagery/Corbis)

FEATURED ARTICLES
  This Chart From 1790 Lays Out the Many Dangers of AlcoholismRead More ››

  Cats Get Breast Cancer Too, and There's a Lot We Can Learn From ItRead More ››

  "The World's Most Dangerous Trail" Reopens This WeekRead More ››

  This Solar-Powered Plane is Currently Circumnavigating the WorldRead More ››

  Eight Modern Speakeasies With Real Roots in the 1920sRead More ››

  Perfectly Pudgy Newborn Hippo Arrives at the San Diego ZooRead More ››

  This is the Carriage That Took Lincoln on his Fateful Trip to Ford's TheatreRead More ››