[Vision2020] PR - Moscow Thursday to complement Vandal Friday

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Thu Mar 19 09:15:14 PDT 2015

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
Moscow Thursday to complement Vandal Friday

March 19, 2015 (Moscow, Idaho) -The City of Moscow and Moscow Chamber of Commerce are opening the streets of downtown Moscow to welcome visitors and the community in the first ever Moscow Thursday event, to complement University of Idaho Vandal Friday recruitment events, on March 26 and April 2 from 5 to 7 p.m.  The entire community of Moscow, including current students at the University, is invited to participate in welcoming potential students and their families in a relaxed setting, at this free community event, the night before the Vandal Friday events on campus.  Enjoy music by Henry C. and the Willards on March 26 and The Working Poor on April 2. Each event will feature warm lentil chili and business specials offered by our downtown business community.

This will be a great opportunity to show visitors why Moscow has been named the #8 college town on livability.com, #5 in Men's journal as one of the nation's five best places to live in a college town, and ranked in the top 30 in the nation as a "great university to hit the books and backcountry" by Outside magazine and more.

###

Story Contact: Jen Pfiffner, Assistant to the City Supervisor
Phone: 208.883.7123
Email: jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:jpfiffner at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.