[Vision2020] Moscow Pathways COmmission loses its star....

Linda Pall lpall at moscow.com
Wed Mar 18 17:54:58 PDT 2015

Dear Visionaries and Tom, Our Chronicler:

This morning I opened the Daily News to find terrible news on the obituary page.

Margaret Littlejohn, a longtime member of the Paradise Path Taskforce, now the Moscow Pathways Commission, and a wonderful volunteer on at least three Moscow City Commissions, including Pathways, and the Tree Commission, was felled by cancer, after a valiant, courageous, inspirational contest with the disease.

Margaret has been chair of the Taskforce as it has moved, with the entire participation of the Taskforce and others interested in paths throughout Moscow, to the status of Commission. Her tactful, energetic, and warm presentations to the City Council were the impetus the Council needed to recognize the excellent work for pathways throughout Moscow neighborhoods and connecting the Taskforce’s original partnership with the Chipman Trail and the work with the Latah Trail Foundation and extensions to the east of Moscow. Her work when we were developing the Berman Creekside Park , between the creek and Styner Avenue gave the park a great connection with gardens and local perennials.

Recent discussions about Third Street have renewed the interest and concern of the path advocates so that a pedestrian/handicapped access bridge can reach across Paradise Creek to Mountainview, without destroying the East Third Street neighborhood and its historic fabric. There is so much yet to do to make the promise of a pathway system real in our community, something Margaret was dedicated to.
Moscow and all who value the livability of this wonderful town have lost a friend.
Happy trails, forever, Margaret.
Linda Pall
18 year city council veteran