[Vision2020] PR - 2015 City of Moscow Sidewalk Program

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Wed Jun 3 13:31:57 PDT 2015

City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: Gary J. Riedner, City Supervisor
p     |  208.883.7006
e     |   griedner at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:griedner at ci.moscow.id.us>
w    |  www.ci.moscow.id.us<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us>

PRESS RELEASE
2015 City of Moscow Sidewalk Program

June 3, 2015 (Moscow, Idaho) - In an effort to assist property owners in maintaining safe sidewalks adjacent to their property, the City of Moscow is again offering our Property Owner Assistance Program, which provides a simplified process for owners to have their walks evaluated and repaired. Participating in this City-wide program allows both homeowners and businesses to take advantage of the same unit pricing that the City receives under our large volume, annual sidewalk construction contract.

Contract prices for the 2015 season have been established with Knox Concrete Inc. of Lewiston. At no additional cost to the property owner, City of Moscow Engineering Staff will come to your home or business to evaluate the sidewalk, provide a cost estimate for the repair or replacement, coordinate and schedule the work of the contractor, and inspect the installation. The property owner is responsible for the construction cost and any re-seeding of any disturbed lawn areas. Properties within the Central Business District are encouraged to participate with 30% of the sidewalk construction cost paid by the City if funding is available. A two year warranty is included for all work.

To take advantage of this program, please contact the City of Moscow Engineering Department at 208.883.7034 or complete the Request an Evaluation form online at www.ci.moscow.id.us/engineering/Pages/sidewalkprogram-registration.aspx<http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/engineering/Pages/sidewalkprogram-registration.aspx>.

###

Story Contact: Kevin Lilly, Deputy Director/City Engineer
Phone: 208.883.7025
Email: klilly at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:klilly at ci.moscow.id.us>

The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources.
We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.