[Vision2020] Racial, sexual identities aren't 'sudden' things

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sat Jul 11 21:05:26 PDT 2015

On 7/11/2015 6:24 PM, Gary Crabtree wrote:
> This is very true but I doubt that things have changed quite that much.

Of the sciences commonly taught in high schools over the last
half-century I suspect biology teaching has changed the most. Molecular
biology, especially since the human genome has been mapped, permeates
the curriculum, whereas that was barely discussable fifty years ago.
Ecology and environmental studies were unheard of back then; today they
are studied in elementary schools. Computer technology allows virtual
dissections and subject matter detail presentations unimaginable while
Johnson and Nixon were bombing Vietnam.  Newer ethical considerations
have arisen since medical advances have lengthened lives and prolonged
care.  Biology curricula have the shortest half-lives and most need
refreshing to be up-to-date.   People who graduated high school before
1990 (before genome mapping) have a substantially new subject to learn.

> Next up, the assertion that the off-spring of homosapien male and
> homosapien female could well be a Chrysler or a cantaloupe?

The militarily-minded ruggedized-retards among us are more likely to
suggest that H. sapiens will be crossed with miniaturized Tyrannosaurus
rex to create the next generation of battle-ready reptilian soldiers.
Go see the movie Jurassic World if you're not aware of this reference.

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Sunil <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
> <mailto:sunilramalingam at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Well Gary, they were teaching you biology a long time ago.

Ken