[Vision2020] Sue Hovey

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 13 15:50:02 PST 2015

Thanks, Dan, for sharing the sad news.  Sue & her loved ones have been in my
thoughts and prayers since Roger let us know Sue had been hospitalized, and
I'm heart-broken that a recovery wasn't to be.

Unlike many of you, I didn't know Sue from her classroom days - she had
moved on to other things by the time my dd was there.  I first got to know
Sue through shared interests, but for me, the most significant impact she
had on my life was her support for me as the parent of a child with special
challenges.  Her encouragement, support, and validation - not to mention her
reality checks - helped me never give up advocating for my dd, and to
negotiate the sometimes bumpy transition of successfully parenting an older
teen into adulthood while remaining at least somewhat sane  :*-)

Godspeed, Sue - you will be deeply missed and made a helluva positive impact
on our community.

My deepest sympathies to Sue's family & loved ones.  I'm so very sorry.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

Never retract, never explain, never apologize - get the thing done and let
them howl.

~ Nellie McClung