[Vision2020] Sue Hovey

Nicholas Gier ngier006 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:38:26 PST 2015

Dear Visionaries and the Universe,

I cannot bear this, and I think I'm a strong person!  First, Terri, David
Trail, and the Arby's lady I did not know, and now dear Sue Hovey!

Although she was a member of the other national teacher's union and
actually sat on their executive board, and that she probably worked hard to
prevent us from getting any members at the high school, we put all of that
behind us and worked together as fellow teacher unionists.  We honored her
at the 50th anniversary celebration of our UI local AFT chapter in 2013.

Every time I think of Sue's intelligence and spunk, I think of two other
powerful Texan ladies, whose names my 70-year-old-mind-now-turned-to-mush
have momentarily forgotten.  You will know them when I say former
Democratic governor of Texas (defeated by Bush, Jr.) and the famous
give-them-Hell journalist.  Sue will be sorely missed.

After I sign off I will remember those strong women's names,

nfg