[Vision2020] Fw:Parasitic Wasps Create Zombie Spiders, Wild Camels of the West, Why Do We Get Prune Fingers? and More

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Aug 6 17:16:19 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Parasitic Wasps Create Zombie Spiders, Wild Camels of the West, Why Do We Get Prune Fingers? and More
From: Smithsonian.com <Smithsonian at mail.smithsonian.com>
To: lfalen at turbonet.com
Date: 08/06/15 23:11:42

Smithsonian Newsletter

Parasitic Wasps Create Zombie Spiders, Wild Camels of the West, Why Do We Get Prune Fingers? and More
To see this email in your browser click here.

  Daily    AUGUST 6 2015
 Parasitic Wasps Turn Spiders Into Zombie WeaversArachnids injected with a potent neurotoxin are forced to create shiny new web cradles for wasp larvae
 A wasp larva perches on its hapless spider host. (Keizo Takasuka)

TODAY'S TOP STORIES
  Whatever Happened to the Wild Camels of the American West?Read More ››

  A Hotter Climate May Boost Conflict, From Shootings to WarsRead More ››

  This Renaissance Painting of Fruit Holds a Modern-Day Science LessonRead More ››

  Feeling Small in the Face of Nature Makes People More GenerousRead More ››

  He Designed the Sydney Opera House...But Wasn't Even Invited to its OpeningRead More ››

  IBM's Tone Analyzer Could Save You From Sending That Awkward EmailRead More ››

 Photo of the day"Via Crucis." Photo by Nick Ng
Submit Your Photo to Our 2015 Photo Contest >>

Comments? Please visit http://smithsonian.com/contact-us
Write us: Smithsonian Magazine Online | MRC 513, P.O. Box 37012 | Washington, D.C. 20013
Email: smithsonianmagazine at si.edu

JOIN US!

 Send This Email To a Friend | Unsubscribe | Email Preferences | Privacy Policy
  © Smithsonian Institution. All rights reserved.