[Vision2020] Information and Water (was: Party)

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Sun Aug 2 22:38:56 PDT 2015

On 8/1/2015 10:11 PM, Dr. S.M. Ghazanfar wrote:
> Shall I request my friends to relax?

No.  Good telephone number management practices are more necessary than
ever.  My parents had the same residence telephone number for sixty
years.  Technologically its possible to allow your phone number to
follow you around the country, but whether that's a good idea today
depends on more factors than the just the physical location of your
residence (or cell phone) relative to the telephone company's land line
(or cell tower) switching electronics.

Given that there are many organizations (and people) attempting to build
databases with information about others, being pro-active about what one
allows to be known beyond those who actually need to know that
information is more important than ever.  Some organizations are under
the impression that they own data in their possession that is personally
identifiable to other people.  Whether that impression should be allowed
to stand in fact or in law is a matter worth discussing.  Telephone
numbers are only the tip of the information iceberg, and considering the
iceberg is warming, action before it melts altogether is advisable.

> I moved out of Idaho.

Yes, but has Idaho moved out of you?

> My guess is similar calls will be happening elsewhere also.  I am told
> Georgia is also fully of empty heads.

Georgia is also less full of water than it used to be.  The Winco
grocery chain has replaced gallons of water from northwest Washington
state bottled in clear plastic with gallons of water from Georgia
bottled in cloudy milk jug plastic containers.  Adding cross-country
transportation into the costs for consumable potable water does not seem
such a fulsome idea, but there it is on the shelves.

Ken