[Vision2020] 2015 Call for Sculpture Art: Transit Center Sculpture Garden
skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Tue Apr 14 17:17:21 PDT 2015
City of Moscow
206 E Third Street
Moscow, ID 83843
Contact: DJ Scallorn, Arts Assistant
p | 208.883.7036
e | dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
w | http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts
2015 Call for Sculpture Art: Transit Center Sculpture Garden
April 14, 2015 - The Moscow Arts Commission is seeking submissions for the Transit Center Sculpture Garden. Sculpture artists are asked to submit images of up to three existing sculptures. The winning sculpture art will be selected by a Committee of the Moscow Arts Commission. The selected sculptures will be on display at the Transit Center Sculpture Garden for approximately one year. The opening reception will occur at 4:00 p.m. on June 12, 2015 (Moscow Artwalk), and the work will be left on display through the week of May 31, 2016.
This call is open only to individuals 18 years of age or older who live in Latah County, Nez Perce County, Asotin County, Whitman County, Nez Perce tribal members, or Coeur d'Alene tribal members.
Deadline for submissions: 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Please note the following:
1. A jury panel will select up to five (5) sculptures.
2. Artists are encouraged to visit the Transit Center Sculpture Garden. Please note that the site is visible by all types of commuters and is situated across from a Day Care.
3. Works do not have to be transit related in theme.
4. The City of Moscow will incur all cost of installation.
5. All works must be structurally sound and able to withstand the elements.
6. All works will be welded secure to steel plates. Plinths are the same size.
7. Artworks need not be constructed from steel, if such a case arises, hardware should be/will be fabricated in order to properly secure the work.
8. Artists are encouraged to use color!
9. All artwork must fit within a 10 foot spherical space
10. There is no award or stipend for winning artists. Works may be offered for sale and will be handled by the artist.
11. The winning art will be displayed beginning with the Moscow Artwalk opening reception on June 12, 2015 at the Transit Center Sculpture Garden.
12. Selected artist(s) will release original work for display at the Transit Center Sculpture Garden during the weeks of June 12, 2015 through May 31, 2016. Works are to remain for the entire length of the display.
This call for visual art is available online at: http://www.ci.moscow.id.us/arts/Pages/call-to-artists.aspx or can be picked-up at Moscow City Hall (206 East Third Street) on the First Floor.
Story Contact: DJ Scallorn
Email: dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us<mailto:dscallorn at ci.moscow.id.us>
The City of Moscow delivers quality municipal services while ensuring responsible use of resources. We anticipate and meet the needs of our diverse population in order to build public trust and enhance a sense of community.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Vision2020