[Vision2020] Fw: greed

Paul Rumelhart paul.rumelhart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:25:42 PDT 2014

I can never tell any more which of my (to me) reasonable-sounding posts
will ignite a firestorm on this list.

The phrase "heartless bastard" is what I feel like when I tell the nice
people on the phone that I won't be giving to their good cause, at least at
that time.  That's one of the reasons I hate it when charities solicit like
that.  It feels manipulative, and I don't like it.  On the other hand, I
don't know what to tell them, other than to back off a little.