[Vision2020] Violence erupts following Ferguson grand jury announcement

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 25 11:04:20 PST 2014

I'm not following the logic here.  Due to past racism, white members of the jury should push for an indictment one the basis that they would appear not to be racist?  Like Paul, I don't know the details of surrounding the events that lead up to the fatal shooting.  I'm also not well versed in the laws of Missouri, but in Florida the special prosecutor who was appointed specifically to prosecute Zimmerman on anything didn't care one wit that there was not grand jury indictment.  She just went ahead an prosecuted anyway.  Even though like the Zimmerman case there wouldn't be a conviction in the Ferguson case, it would have pushed out the rioting and looting for many months, maybe giving store owners the opportunity to move their businesses and merchandise to another locale before it was stolen and destroyed by the rage filled mobs.