[Vision2020] Family erases Idaho daughter's transgender identity at burial

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:04:36 PST 2014

Try as they might.. they could not erase all of her.. This was taken from
the website of the funeral home.

http://www.magicvalleyfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?page=stories&user_id=1435181

*JENNIFER *

I met Jennifer in April of 2014. I knew her for such a short time, yet it
was amazing how deeply I came to care about her.

At first, she just needed a roommate and I needed a place to go. We had
coffee at a local Starbucks, which is where many of her friends had come to
meet her A few hours later, we were friends and I began to move in.
Something I noticed almost immediately about her was how kind and outgoing
she was toward others. She always stopped to say hi and speak with the
barista at the cafe, the cashier at the grocery store, the waiter at the
restaurant. I think she felt like the people she talked to were
under-appreciated, ignored, and disrespected, which reflected how she felt
people thought of her.

The apartment we shared...well honestly it was the crappiest apartment I
had ever seen. It was dirty and was falling apart. But we cleaned it up,
and it became a home.

I lived there for four months, give or take a few days. During that time, I
watched and heard Jennifer struggle in her life battle. She struggled with
fitting in, feeling unworthy and ugly, being outcast by family and people
she though were her friends along with beautiful strangers because she
chose to be who she thought she was meant to be. She struggled with demons
that were inside her long before she was Jennifer.

In June, she was in a car accident that nearly claimed her life. If she
wasn't wearing a seat belt, she probably would have been ejected from the
car and died then. After that time, things became even worse for her. She
was in a lot of pain from her accident, along with heavy new emotional pain
that began to manifest. It weighed her down a lot. She already suffered
immensely before.

I shared my car with her, which both brought us closer and tore us apart.
She began to cry for help more and more. It was help I regrettably could
not give her.

The Fourth of July of that year was one of my fondest memories of her.
After all the churning water surrounding us, we had a moment of peace. We
made pizza and watched our favorite TV show- Supernatural- then waited
until the sun went down. We watched the fireworks from the parking lot of
our ramshackle apartment, sitting on the back of my Neon and talking about
what we would do with our lives in the future. She wanted so much to be an
actress, go to Portland, and meet someone to share the rest of her life
with. She wanted her family to be proud of her and love her again and her
friends to become closer to her. She was regretful she didn't try harder to
be what people wanted.

I have my own regrets. I am regretful that I didn't stay with her and try
to help her through the toughest of times. I am regretful I didn't reach
out and apologize after I moved away from that dingy apartment. I feel such
sorrow that she didn't get to experience the plans she had made for the
rest of her life because of her sudden passing, but at the same time I'm
glad. She is at peace now after she trudged through the knee-high shit life
threw at her. I truly hope you rest in peace, Jennifer Adriana Gable. You
inspired me to be a better person; because of you I was inspired to pursue
a handful of things I love. You won't know how much you have touched my
life. You were a sister to me the short time I knew you and you'll always
have a place in my heart.

Memorial Networks™ Partner Provider: Batesville Interactive
<http://www.batesvilletechnology.com/>, All rights reserved. | Funeral Home
Website by Batesville, Inc. <http://www.batesvilletechnology.com>
PRIVACY
<http://www.magicvalleyfuneralhome.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1435181&pagetype=privacy>